Award-winning, multi-published Austin interior design-build firm is seeking a Lead Interior Designer to join our growing, fast-paced team. This experienced designer will be highly involved in all design decisions, with creative leeway on all projects for furnishing jobs, remodeling and new construction. The firm is looking for a dedicated professional who wants to build their design career through long-term growth with our premiere design-build firm.
Responsibilities include generating design concepts for furnishing project design and execution, as well as new construction selections, project and specifications management for hard finishes, plumbing, lighting, fixtures, etc.
Qualified candidates for this Northwest Hills firm will be: true go-getters with a strong ability to work with minimal guidance; have the drive to get things done; good at wearing multiple “hats”; can see the big picture of a project from start to finish; who love collaboration; and who build strong, positive working relationships as part of a growing team.
Candidates must have:
• Strong material selection and conceptual skills
• SketchUp required
• Professional degree in interior design required
• 3 - 5 years experience with residential new construction & construction documents required
• Working knowledge of financial project budgeting & project management
• Meticulous attention to detail
• High-energy, friendly, upbeat
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Comfortable with Apple computer applications is a plus
• Moderate lifting of tile/flooring samples, client bins, accessories, etc. required
• Valid drivers license/vehicle